The 1805 Club publishes original research and reprints rare documents and keepsakes.
Regular publications consist of our news magazine The Kedge Anchor, published three times a year, as well as theTrafalgar Chronicle Yearbook, which includes full-length articles by members and other notable historians.
Nelson's Band of Brothers: Lives and Memorials: Hardback 2015 by Captain Peter Hore RN(Rtd)
The Trafalgar Chronicle: Number 26: Dedicated to Naval History in the Nelson Era (Journal of the 1805 Club, New Series 1) Paperback - 30 Nov 2016 - Editor, Captain Peter Hore RN(Rtd) .
Additionally, the Club publishes occasional monographs to commemorate key events. Titles in "The Nelson Decade" Series include:
- Nelson and the Campaign in Corsica, by Tom Pocock.
- The Battle of Cape St Vincent, by Colin White.
- Nelson and Tenerife 1797, by Agustin Guimera.
- The Miller Papers, by Kirstie Buckland.
- Touch and Take: The Battle of Trafalgar 21 October 1805, by Michael Duffy.
- The Trafalgar Captains: Their Lives and Memorials, by Colin White and The 1805 Club.
Read a typical article:
You may sample now an example article from the Trafalgar Chronicle, 'Ever, with Real Esteem…' Continuing the Nelson Letters Project, by Colin White.
This article will be replaced by others at regular intervals.
Members of The 1805 Club benefit from unlimited access to the Trafalgar Chronicle and Kedge Anchor archives in our members area.
To access the latest Index for the Trafalgar Chronicle please click here.
Some Recent additions to the archive:
- The Brief Life of Captain Lord Robert Manners.
- Getting to Know Napoleon: The Beginning of a British Obsession.
- Patriotism & Popular Identities. Nelson Revived 1885 - 1914.
- The Film Star of Trafalgar: Nelsonian Imagery and Allusion in Naval Film.
- Twopence Coloured Hero: Nelson Treads the Boards.
- After Nelson... Viva Collingwood.